Friday, December 21, 2012

The New and Improved Sex & the City Girls

 
So I came across this vintage dime picturing an all-female college rifle team from the twenties.  I absolutely love the fact that a rifle group is dressed in fur and pantyhose. I can just imagine these dolls shooting wild boar in their mary janes and reloading bullets as they adjust their tights. Gosh, these girls are more fabulous than Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. When is the last time you saw the Sex & the City girls shooting a wild animal? Actually, when is the last time you saw them engage in any form of physical activity? (Besides sex and shopping, of course).
 
I'm telling you, these girls have style. Look at the contrast between their intense facial expressions, revealing their true vivacious spirits, and the femininity of their attire, reflecting their adherence to social expectations. (Sorry, Art History major up in here).
 
These girls are badasses.
 
I'm going to start an all-female rifle team at Hopkins. Except, no ugly hiking boots allowed. And everyone has to dress in fur. And mary janes. And wear crimson red lipstick. And flapper bobs will not be obligatory, but highly encouraged.
 
Okay, so this sounds more like a 1920s revival club than a rifle club, but hey, what's wrong with being a badass and looking like a badass at the same time?
 
girlinpearls

5 comments:

  1. Wow, liberal media....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm..... Obviously this is a statement about uberconservatism and bigotry across the american political landscape. Gosh.

      Delete
    2. Excuse me, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Leave it to liberals to insert their political agenda somewhere where it is clearly not applicable. Obviously the mismatched clothes and despaired expressions on the girls' faces are symbolic of an oppressive, post-obamacare dystopic future. This is really a heartbreaking message if only you are willing to listen.

      Delete
    3. Um, I really just think this is a girls' rifle team from the 1920s.

      Delete
    4. Well, you're entitled to your own opinion....

      Delete